1. Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1: Okay, so what if some of these are obvious choices and you’ve probably already seen them. There are people in this world that need this reassurance that this movie is worth seeing, so I’m giving it to them. Yes, it’s a bit of a build up to Part 2, but it’s worth it. The suspense is there. The intensity is there. AND GALE IS HOTTER HIS BROTHER.
2. Big Hero 6: This one may not be in your radar if you’re in twenties and don’t have a boyfriend who’s into children’s films. I got dragged to this, but was pleasantly surprised by it. It was charming and witty and downright adorable.
3. Interstellar: If you haven’t seen this yet, you’re nuts. It’s visually impressive and emotionally draining. It’ll blow your mind, have you at the edge of your seat and every other cliche.
4. The Rosie Project: Such a cute love story. Written from the perspective of an socially inadequate person falling in love, this is a romantic tale unlike many I’ve read before. It’s cheesy in all the right ways, but also digs deep into why you act the way you do around the ones you love.
5. The Cuckoo’s Calling: Written in part by J.K. Rowling, this is a mystery about an alleged suicide. J.K. Rowling is way different than you would except. It’s not anything like Harry Potter, so don’t expect that or you will be disappointed. It is interesting and a must-read if you love the author to see a different side of her.