I feel like all I talk about in my fashion and beauty posts is weather, so I hope I’m not being overly repetitive, but seasons are still such a foreign concept to me. I’ve only lived through them for one full year, so I’m still like “what is fall?”
That being said, I learned a lot from last year’s autumn, especially when it comes to my beauty routine. I was sent a few products that work perfectly for fall, so read on to see what I thought of each and why I think they’re season must-haves.
1. Dove Dry Spray: This is a deodorant that sprays on, but doesn’t linger on your skin. You shake it, spray it (about 6 inches away) and wah-lah. That’s it. It goes on dry immediately which means no gross white clumps that you find out no one ever told you about (this is a crime in my book by the way). It’s in sleek packaging that looks better on your vanity that the usual deodorant sticks, which is unsurprisingly a huge plus to me. Personally, I’m a fan of the Revive scent, but these two that I tried also smell lovely and fresh.
2. Sapphire 8 in 1 Curler: Okay, this is my new favorite thing. This curling iron comes with eight different size attachments for one curling iron base. It’s magical, because you don’t have to choose just one size you want for your curls. I always run into that problem, because some days I want my curls tighter than other days. For this tool, you just have to pick the attachment you want, lock it into the base, plug it in and turn it on. It heats up faster than any other curling iron I’ve had. It takes about 30 seconds to reach 400 degrees. Insane! I tend to curl my hair much more frequently in the colder weather, and this one lasted all day without hair spray, which as I said… is magical.
** Currently on Sale for Black Friday, so be sure to take advantage! **
3. HASK Keratin Protein Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner: Because this time of year is the only time of year that my hair likes to cooperate, I usually take extra care in making sure that it stays shiny and frizz-free. That means I overhaul all usual basics (i.e. cheap shampoo and conditioner) for ones with actual healing powers. I also add in extra products to my daily/montly routine such as the ones below.
4. HASK Keratin Protein Deep Conditioner Packet: Deep conditioner is a something I do a little less frequently- about once a month. This one not only reduces frizz, but repairs breakage and removes static. I have an irrational fear of being shocked, so I adore this feature especially since I bought a wool coat.
5. HASK Keratin Oil Smoothing Shine Oil: Despite changing my basic shampoo and conditioner to ones that help with split ends and fly aways, the second I apply heat, they always return. That’s why I’ve adopted this shine oil after I use my straightener or wand. A dollop of this afterwards smooths out any stray hairs. As always, be very careful when using oily products. The only thing worse than dry hair is greasy hair…
I hope this helps you make the most out of this lovely season for beauty and hair. Comment below with your favorite fall beauty products and tools. I’d love to hear!